This is just a little blog about my trial and error of decorating an apartment where painting is not allowed, I can't knock out walls, or do any permanent changes to the apartment. Me and my 2 cats have figured out a few ways to make big impact changes without major costs and always manage to get the full security deposit back!

Friday, April 8, 2011

Hiding Technology

My apartment has a very weird location for the only place I can connect my internet, it's on the main wall coming into my apartment.

For a while I just kept everything in a basket but it looked really messy. Sorry for the bad picture of it but it's all I have you have to look past the ottoman and the cat to see it.

So I decided that I'd buy one of those shoe storage things from Ikea since they are so slim and wouldn't take up much room. I decided on the Hemnes Shoe cabinet with 4 compartments.

Only I thought the hardware made it look kind of boring so I replaced the hardware with new pulls from Lee Valley and now my wall looks like this.

I think it looks much cleaner and it's easy to access all the plug ins, because the shoe cabinet has no back to it. Because I live in an apartment I didn't want to drill into the wall so I used about 8 3M command strips positioned so that later I can just pull the tabs and the cabinet will come right off the wall.

Till next time!




No comments: