This is just a little blog about my trial and error of decorating an apartment where painting is not allowed, I can't knock out walls, or do any permanent changes to the apartment. Me and my 2 cats have figured out a few ways to make big impact changes without major costs and always manage to get the full security deposit back!

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Decisions, decisions!

I'm very excited, because my new dining table is getting delivered this weekend! Since I didn't have one up until now this is a wonderful thing.

It's this table, the Avalon from Crate and Barrel.

But I didn't like the chairs that came with it so I'm trying to find different ones that I think go better with my decor. I like to mix romantic traditional furniture with modern.

So I was thinking maybe something like this chair from Urban Barn. This chair only comes in this light brown color though but I really like the shape.

Or maybe a transparent chair.
Something with simple clean lines like this would be nice, but I think it would be very hard to match up the different whites.
On the cheaper end of things maybe a chair like this and then add a padded seat in a nice fabric, since I do want comfortable chairs and my butt needs a little padding under it!
I'm leaning towards this one with the light gray fabric and the black legs, I think it might make a good contrast to the curves in the pedestal.

Can't wait to put this all together! Hopefully I'll have some pictures of the final choice by next week!

Till next time,

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the coffee table you painted. You really changed the look and feel of the table.

As far as a chair choice I like the transparent chair. Or at least I like the lines of the chair I think it would be a nightmare to keep clean and free of fingerprints. I can't wait to see which you pick.

Catherine said...

I have to admit I like the clear chairs... but I got clear chairs for my house so I'm kind of bias. I think all the chairs you picked would look really good.