This is just a little blog about my trial and error of decorating an apartment where painting is not allowed, I can't knock out walls, or do any permanent changes to the apartment. Me and my 2 cats have figured out a few ways to make big impact changes without major costs and always manage to get the full security deposit back!

Friday, January 29, 2010

Coffee Table Makeover

Today I'm posting a coffee table makeover that I did shortly after I moved in. I found this sweet little coffee table on kijiji for $20 and imediatly fell in love with it! Of course it took me a while to get around to finish it and my friends thought I was crazy for buying it in the first place while it was just sitting around my house.

Before
Now remember that I live in an apartment which means no garage or backyard to spray paint in. I do have a balcony but this piece was solid wood and heavy with a capital H so there was no way my puny little arms would be able to get it out there.

So I set this plastic room up in my dining room to create a spray paint area. Which actually work very well and I will totally do it again if I need to.


Which lead to this final product.

After


I absolutely love how it turned out and think it is great in my living room! What do you think?

13 comments:

Lovely Little Nest said...

Love it! The details are amazing, and those little drawers are so cute! What is "kijiji"?

Jennifer said...

Thanks for the comment! Kijiji is a website similar to Craigslist only I like it so much better because it's easier to navigate. You can take a look at it at www.kijiji.com then just choose your city.

Sarah @ Hennessey House said...

whoa! i've never seen a coffee table like that. i must admit, i thought the "before" looked cumbersome and oldish, but it really looks awesome in white. sooo much better. great transformation! :)

Unknown said...

Great results! Love the detail and all the little drawers! Looks fabulous in white! Beautiful job!

Cheers!
Tina

Kirsty said...

It's dreamy! Love it!

Julie said...

It looks Mahhhhhh-ve lous!!! Wow, I never cease to be amazed,...really!...what a can of paint will do to something that others thought was a loser. You did such a good job. And KUDOS to you for your ingeniuty in setting up a Paint Station in your apartment. You go!

Laurie at Turner Farm said...

WOW! Looks great!

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

What a cool table! Thanks for sharing at Power of Paint Party!

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

I'm not sure I would have tried anything with that table. The before was pretty u-g-l-y! But you really gave it new life. It's beautiful!
gail

Mommyto3andahusky said...

cute blog! I added you to my blogroll! :)

Jennifer said...

Thanks for all the nice comments! When I brought it home my roommate at the time thought I was stark raving mad! I love when an old piece can have a new life.

Rose @ Confessions of a Curbshopaholic said...

That looks so much better white.
Love the X supports on the ends. It really makes the table unique.
Great eye on this one, and wtg on the indoor spray booth!
Rose

Jennifer said...

It looked so dated before, now it looks totally modern! Great great work!